21.4.12

Delicious Steampunk

I was browsing the web and getting lost in Blogland and all of the fabulous creations that are being made when I came across The Delicious Doodles Blog  and most importantly the gorgeous Digi Stamps for sale in the shop. I just had to have this stamp. I luuurve it!!
She is gorgeous isn't she? I have never made a Steampunk style card before so this was a challenge, I like challenges!
This is the finished result


Didn't turn out too bad did it? I have never coloured Auburn/Ginger hair before but i'm loving how it turned out. I made her slightly 3D by cutting and colouring 3 layers and colouring the parts that are  to be seen with Promarkers.
I made the backing sheet myself with a lot of fiddle farting about using distress inks blobbed over a piece of card then I worked some Cosmic Shimmer Mica Powders into the card to make it metalic looking then let it dry before cutting to size and mounting onto black card that I had distressed the edges of. The frame is from the Silhouette cutting file site, I applied a bit of the cosmic shimmer to that also.
I made the cogs out of card cut to shape on my silhouette then made them all coppery and rusty with the shimmer powder again. I also steampunked up the little butterfly charm with the help my Promarkers and cosmic shimmers also!! The state of my hands and desk after all of this experimenting!!!!!

I will be entering the card into the Delicious Doodles Challenge - Layer It Up!




take care 



7 comments:

  1. WOW Caroline, I love your steampunk card, your colouring is amazing (as usual), totaly brill.
    Hugs DEbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Caroline. Beautiful colouring
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Caroline, that is stunning, your colouring is just fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome hun!
    Can I beg a small favour though?
    Could you possibly pop some words over the first image, as I don't want folk to use the preview for their own use. There are a few unscrupulous peeps out there who don't like purchasing for themselves.
    Many thanks, oh, and feel free to delete this comment after if you like hun.
    Hope I haven't offended you at all. . .
    Regards,
    Teri (aka Delicious Doodles)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Teri I will remove it I did not think it would be print quality sorry. I hope no one has snagged it, you haven't offended at allx

      Delete
  5. Wow - I totally love your card. I almost bought that image and now I want to go back and get it after seeing your fabulous card!!! Wonderful coloring and details! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow aroline, that is truly stunning, love your vibrant colouring and your card design. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment they are much appreciated :0)