6.4.11

The Paper Shelter Challenge 8 - Anything Goes! Card or Recipe Box

This weeks challenge at The Paper Shelter is Anything Goes! Let your imagination run wild LOL!
I decided to make a card holder for the cards I made for BARC my local dog rescue centre
I have used Bee Bear again for this weeks challenge. I printed out the pre coloured one to save time as I spent ages faffing about with the Card Box. I added a little stickles glitter to his wings and antenni.
 I designed the template for the box myself by making a tiny prototype out of scrap paper just to see if the thoughts I had would actually work with card AND they did! and then had my techi clever O/H draw it in a  programme called Sketch Up.
 It is still a work in progress and needs a little tweek but all in all it came together really well I think. It could also be used for a recipe card index or seed packets if you made some dividers. As you can see my 6x6" (approx) cards sit nicely in it.I have shown it with 4 cards displayed but there is room for around 20 cards depending on how well embellished they are.



I have used the Disney scrap book papers again as I think they work so well with this image
Punched and shaped the flowers and added glitter to the centres. The little butterflies are Anita's Dimension Stickers
I have used nesties to cut the scalloped circle and Fiskars punch Threading Water for the scalloped edges
Ribbon from stash
I forgot to upload the picture of the card set all wrapped and tagged up ready for the tombolla stall, trust me lol.
Good luck with this weeks challenge and remember if you use a Paper Shelter Image you will be eligable to be entered into the prize draw for a £15 voucher to be used in store


I was late posting again! I will be sent to the naughty step ...



2 comments:

  1. I totally adore your sweet box. It's stunning. A perfect thing for the cards. Can use a bunch of those myself, for the cat charity I support. Great work Caroline!
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very sweet box......i like it and the colors is perfect.....

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment they are much appreciated :0)